$25,000 MILESTONE - "AIREMOON"!

Congratulations to Patty Eisenbraun whose donation put us at the $25,000 mark!

The person whose donation for quilt tickets put us at the $25,000 Milestone will become the proud and happy owner of this one-of-a-kind quilted wall hanging. I'd LOVE to own this piece!

"AIREMOON"
Made and donated by Lydia Ross



This beautiful wall hanging measures 18.5" x 21".  It is both hand and machine appliqued and quilted on a regular sewing machine. No fancy quilting machine used.  

Lydia writes: "The inspiration for Airemoon came from a block that I saw online. The block was of a moon with trees and a moose shadow. I loved it and Could not get the image out of my head. I happened to see my Airedale Dave sitting with the sun behind him and I thought OH that would be perfect if it was Airedale head instead of moose. So I quickly sketched the idea on paper and fine tuned it. "Airemoon" was a reality."


Backside of wall hanging

Here are some of Lydia's progress photos:


Original Drawing

















Pieces pinned to background













Unquilted














Quilted

4 comments :