MAY BLOCK

BLOCK MAKER:  JERI LANGMAN
ARTIST:  JANE MILLER


Quilted Block


Quilted Block with May written in the sashing on the side of the block

Original Drawing
Jeri Langman wrote:  This was not my block but Joyce Miller's. She lives in Texas and wanted the Airedales playing in the bluebells around a May Pole. When some personal issues came up, she was unable to make the block so I told her I would make it for her.  Joyce and Jane Miller worked out the pattern with some few edits on my part and off I started with this lovely block.  I must confess, the one you see now is the third block for May.  It was rather difficult and I totally muffed the first one with a technique for the ribbons that rendered it unusable.  The second one, I hated the colors once it was almost done.  So with the help of Carolyn Finlayson, my quilt muse, I worked out the colors on the Airedales and the ribbons to create a very fun block with lots of bright colors to show a beautiful day in May!
Finished unquilted block


4 comments :

  1. I love this .. the colors and the fun feeling. Great design and beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. May is my birth month, so I especially like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's absolutely beautiful! Great job, Jeri and Jane!

    ReplyDelete